As spring comes closer, more and more people start considering a change of residence or office location. Whether its office managers or private residents they all ask us pretty much the same questions about our company and moving process organization. We are always happy to help people find their way around the service they need and learn more on how to make the right choice when looking up for moving services in Montreal.
Today there are many companies on the market which offer moving and transport services. Although the description of their services may look similar it often takes a lot more to provide a really good service. So what are the key factors that you need to pay attention to when choosing a moving service provider for spring – summer 2015? We have prepared a top 10 list of the most important, in our opinion, factors that you need to check out before signing on a contract.
1. Experience. How long has the company been on the market? What do its former clients say about their moving experience the company? Obviously, the longer the company has been on the market the better and more professionally will it perform home and office relocations. It is also more likely that that company has acquired all proper equipment and professional staff.
2. Own fleet. To operate successfully and efficiently the company must necessarily have its own fleet of vehicles. In most cases this will eliminate any kinds of delays, unforeseen technical issues, and guarantee the safety of your belongings, because these moving vehicles will have been regularly checked and specially designed to carry various types of cargo.
3. Insurance. Incidents happen – we all know this. However, as a client you should only care about the safety of your belongings, and whatever happens it has to be a “win-win” situation. So bear in mind that, despite the service providers’ assurances of their service quality, they must be able cover any possible damages, should they occur.
4. Politeness and competence. Whether it is on the phone when you first contact the company, in person when taking advantage of the company’s free quote service, or when finally, the moving process is complete, the service provider must be polite, friendly and clear in his or her explanations. Every employee must be able to answer all of your questions in full (according to his or her competence).
5. Contract base. A company must be able to issue a work contract, according to which the moving process is prepared, carried out, and paid. It must include terms and conditions, explain every point of the moving process, both sides liabilities, and a list of transported property. The moving can only begin after you have read and signed the contract.
6. Service package. Moving services are not only limited to the actual moving. In fact, according to the terms and regulations of the Good Practice Guidelines for Canadian Movers, a service provider must offer a full range of services such as pre-moving quotes, packing and unpacking of your belongings, furniture assembly and reassembly, etc. All of this is often required in office moving and residential moving alike.
7. Flexible schedule. As a client you may request to pick up and deliver your belongings at a specific moment. The moving company must tailor the schedule according to your needs. You may also request a storage service if you need to delay the delivery of your belongings. A private storage facility is something many companies have nowadays. They are typically safe, secure and under surveillance 24/7.
8. Professionalism. A team of professional movers must know its way around the moving process, possess the proper equipment, be physically fit, and maintain a professional and friendly attitude.
9. Equipment and materials. We stress this separate point, because the moving process particularly depends on the quality of the equipment, materials. They play a crucial role in keeping your belongings safe during the moving process. The choice of the equipment and materials may be dictated by the type of moving; an office with plenty of electronics requires a different approach than a residential apartment with a safe, piano or paintings.
10. Flexible pricing. A good service doesn’t have to necessarily be costly, and today there are plenty of professional movers in Montreal area who provide moving services at a reasonable price. At the same time, do not chase cheapness; most certainly in won’t fare well. A good idea is to compare hourly rates of different companies, and see what the average price is. Also as a client you may be interested in paying only for the total moving job, therefore you could consider moving companies who do not charge a fixed hourly rate, as this might save you money at the end of the day.
So choose your moving company wisely, and be sure to check our services and offers. Déménagement Économique is always happy to assist you with any questions. Be sure to check our profile. Contact us now to find out how we can serve you best.